Thursday, September 27, 2018

My Garden House is Just Buzzing...

 Here we are, back at Chawton Cottage.  My husband built it 6 years ago, and we have loved it, but it is time for a new paint job, so hopefully I'll be sharing that with you in the next month or so.
 Ever since my art group did their bee skeps, I have been in love with bees, and decided to change the decor of my cottage from 'authors and literature', to all things bees.  My heart skipped a beat when I found this vintage book so titled at Treasures.
 I moved my white pot collection to the mantel, because my husband thought that my wire plants shelves were not sturdy enough.  The 'Bee.o.logy' sign used to say flea.o.logy ... but since the city will no longer let us hold the flea market, reinventing the sign, seemed like a good idea. The beehive is compliments of Graphics Fairy.
I found this cute 'bee' plate at my favorite thrift.

 I also found the pot on the upper far left, when I did an antiques garage sale, with my friend Nikki, and she brought it to sell.  Yeah Nikki.
 Here's the Queen Bee banner I made with my craft group a while ago.
This is the sweet plate that my sister Joyce found for me, when we had just built the cottage.  How perfect is that.

Last of all are two shots into the cottage from its shabby door.  With the influx of Bees, I imagine it will become less and less white.  I hope you enjoyed your tour.


2 comments:

  1. Oh I love your cottage. I used to have a potting shed that looked like a cottage and I loved it. I miss it. And since I’m a beekeeper I sure do like your decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently found out my grandmother kept bees. It made me so happy.

      Delete