Saturday, October 27, 2018

Kim's Witches' World of Delights and Tea too.

 Welcome says Skinny Jack, as I arrive at Kim's Witch's tea ... I see that 'the witch is in'.
More porch fun!
I was a bit early, and had the opportunity to take pictures of the decor before it was all covered with eager witches.

 Isn't this the best, a black and white display themed, Opera!  Ooo ...  I wonder if the phantom is here?
 If you sit here, you get to sit by a ballerina witch, who may or may not have overdone it on her diet ...

 Kim's been collecting Halloween for more than 30 years, and weeds her collection continually, 
which means, her decor is THE best. This is her dining room.
Spooky lace over the blinds with a banner, also in the dining room.
 Here's another friendly witch seat mate.
I could spend hours checking out every detail of this amazing display.

 ... and this one too ...
 Kim has the most amazing collection of mushrooms, a favorite of mine as well.  They stay out year round, but mix perfectly with every season, here we see a talented witch out gathering magic mushrooms for her brew.
 This full size ballerina witch is Jennine.  She used to be a vendor when I used to do fleaology.  Such a talented girl!!  I hear that she and Denise from Vintage Pelican are going to be sharing a booth at the Provo Vintage Market on Friday Nov 16, 6-9 and Nov 17 9-3  220 W Center Street in Provo. 
 More fabulous collectibles.

Boo!

 And if you're a 'Village Girl' you came to the right place ...
 Here's Kim's holiday tree dressed up to scare you!
 My favorite witch sits high on the stair landing overlooking the festivities. 
 Her 'higher up' overlooks the fun from the upstairs landing.
I'm such a fan of 50's graphics, though I AM older than Kim and experienced them as a child.

 More witches arrive, and they must be very wise, because they come bearing gifts, while wearing splendid costumes.
 Whoooo wants to play Halloween tic-tac-toe with me .... Whoooo, Whoooo
 "I would", said the Halloween Cat, "if I weren't in another room."

We are both fans of Mary Engelbreit's work.

 I love these. I always tell Kim I don't come to her parties for the goodies, I come for the eye candy, I think you can tell why...

 though there is certainly nothing to complain about when it come to the other kind of goodies, here is her delightful spread, including my witch finger bread sticks.

 There are also select treats 'tastefully' displayed, throughout the house.

I love the inclusion of the star in this fun bit.

... and isn't this tablecloth to die for?

 Witches checking out the brew!!
 Here's is Kim with her nieces and her red headed daughter.
 This is me with Kim and Jane, another wonderful vendor of vintage delights. (She's xoxohellogirlie on instagram)

Since all good things must come to an end, I pass this pair on my way back to the real world.  Thanks for a wonderful evening Kim.  You really are the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment