Monday, January 7, 2013

Bargain Hunting, Pizza Party, Downton Abbey and an Engagement!

This weekend was the best ... colder than a witch's kazoo, (as my dh likes to say) but definitely the best.  Saturday I got in some after Christmas ornament shopping ... I got these lovelies at Walmart for a quarter each.  Since I am planning to do a red and white tree for Festival of Trees, I couldn't be happier about that.
 
Sunday we had a family pizza party at my son Trevor's house.  He is a master pizza chef, and he made up everything from a cheese free pizza to a meat lover's pizza and everything in between.   We finished off the evening with dessert pizzas ... coconut, chocolate, nuts, whipped cream, cream cheese, pie filling, yummy.
 
 
 
My daughters Emily and Becca are both expecting their second babies.  Becca, on the right is due in two weeks ... It will be three months for Emily.  Its so fun to see them sharing this experience.
 We came home to watch the first of Downton Abbey's third season that we had tivoed ... (Which was just as amazing as we hoped it would be.) and half way through we got a call from my son Spencer, who had been at the pizza event, to tell us that he and his girlfriend Brittney had just become engaged!!    Such an amazing weekend, with the very best saved for last!!
 
Thanks for sharing a bit of personal excitement with me!!

4 comments:

  1. My goodness! Lots of congratulations are in order here! I hope everything works out well for all. What a way to start the new year.

    We're huge Downton Abbey fans too. I even made a special set of Downton Abbey soaps - Lady Mary and Oh, Matthew! Can't get enough of Downton Abbey. And I hope they give us a Season Four and Five, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate your well wishing!! Downton Abbey is amazing, its true.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend. Congrats to Spencer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week-end, bargains galore, pizza party and another lovely DIL!!! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete