Friday, January 25, 2013

Trash to Treasure Valentines Candy Jars

 Just back from a comfortable evening at my book club ... Suzanne made everything lovely, with peach cookies, and peach spiced filled cookies and short bread, and something divine with anise flavoring ... oh and peach slush. Did you notice all mentions of peach? Well we read The Peach Keeper, and we all liked it too!!  Ah yes, good foods, good friends and a good read ...
 
 
So buoyed up by a lovely evening, I stopped to get candy for the Valentine's Candy Jars I had made for my dining room mantel. (Two of them had candle sticks added to match the third.) I found the great heart shaped boarder at Graphics Fairy, labeled them, printed them off and backed them with red and white polka dot paper then tied them on the jars with red and white baker's twine. The Valentine mantel isn't quite ready to share, but here are the jars on my piano for the time being. I think they look great with my red and white winter display.
 
 

 
 
I hope you are having some lovely snug evenings with friends as well, and if you would like a good read, may I suggest The Peach Keeper, by Sarah Addison Allen.  Not sure why I love books that are set in the American South so much, but I do.  How about you?

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet! And I would be happy for peach just-about-anything! Love peach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out really pretty. Nice idea using the candle sticks.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Paula! They go so well with the rest of your decor. Peach food and themed book sounds just peachy! Sorry, I couldn't resist! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, I am featuring your sweet jars on my 'showing a little love' challenge post today.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete