Saturday, June 16, 2018

Kim the Artist and Her Amazing House.

Meet my friend Kim, and several other ladies from my art group.  Kim is second from the left.  Sometime while I was living in Finland, the site of our group get-togethers moved from Jann's house to Kim's.  Kim moved into a new home while I was gone, and it had a double garage size cabinet showroom, as the previous owner was a cabinet maker.  Kim made it into her crafting studio.



She also loves bees ... as show by this strand of bee lights on a mantel. I think it must be her spirit 'animal' since she's always as busy as one.



Kim loves a touch of whimsical in all her decorating, which is why she is so much fun to be around.  Don't you love this rag doll riding a rabbit?
Mushrooms, and the like, also find their way into fun niches.

Her guest rooms are so inviting.

 Isn't the scalloped book case, just the sweetest?  I love it.
 A whimsical treasury ...
 Who wouldn't love a screened memo board with lots of artsy treasures, some of them made by Kim herself, but many are made by other artists.  Kim is a great supporter of women artists.
 As one walks about this house there are a myriad of treasures to be discovered, and to find delight in.



I adore this red coo coo clock...  of course she had me at red with this one.

 This is the folding counter in her laundry room ... how cute is the buffalo plaid skirt?  I would never mind doing laundry in a room like this.




This sweet vignette is on the landing of a stair case.
 Everyone knows how I love a fairy garden, and this one is the best because its built in her grandfather's wheel barrow.




Last of all I'd like to share this adorable project that my art group did while I was gone.  I did love following them on Instagram and FB to see what they were making.  I, of course, to tryed to be jealous, as they are all so talented.
 Yes, Kim is our Queen Bee, there are several very talented artists in this group and it is wonderful to be a part of it.  A special thank you to Kim for her willingness to share her creative space and talents (and usually some supplies too) with us all.

We'll be garden touring at each other's home next month ... I can't wait.

I'll be linking to Share Your Cup, my favorite linky party here.

3 comments:

  1. Sweetness my cutefriend thank you!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Kimi’s home is sheer delight! New eye candy every time we visit. It certainly does reflect her bubbly personality! So glad to have you back crafting with us! 😀 Also, thanks for all your sweetness and sharing with SYC.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls are so lucky to have a group like this. I have lots of girlfriends but I'd love to have a crafting group. The things y'all make amaze me!

    ReplyDelete