Thursday, October 4, 2018

A Book Club Tea

I have had this sweet tea set for sale at the antique mall where I sell, for five years .... so when my daughter in Texas asked me to keep my eye out for a tea set that she could use to have tea parties with her daughter, I decided it was time for this lovely set to find a home.

But before packing it up to take to Texas on our upcoming trip, I decided to use it.  I was to host my book club, and since the book we were going to discuss was The Chilbury Ladies Choir, the story of a group of English ladies during WWII, a Tea party seemed perfect.

 So I whipped up a batch of Crumpets ...
and some English scones ...

 restocked my tea chest ...
 and set the table.

 I knew from past experience that faux clotted cream was a must. (I whip a pint of cream without sugar, then I fold in an 8 oz softened cream cheese .... yum, its  a lot like the real thing I have enjoyed on trips to England)
 Let the yumminess begin!

All that was needed to make it perfect was the book club ladies ... and the discussion of a book that we had all enjoyed.  Talley Ho ... (err... wait, I think that's what the English say when they commence, oops!) I guess I should say Cheerio!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks delicious. I haven’t had a tea party in ages. I found my teacups in a box in the basement and was trying to decide if I should keep them or put them in the sale pile. So far they are still in the box...

    ReplyDelete