Thursday, October 18, 2018

Payson Quilt Guild Fun

Last Saturday was an amazing day ... because I got to go and look at some amazing quilts with my friend Lavern who met me at the Home Tour Breakfast with quilts that was part of the Payson Quilt Guild's fun activities for 2018

 My favorite quilt at the home tour was this fabulous red and white quilt.  I love red work, and the color scheme is right up my alley.
 This quilt is  beautiful, and the lady coming up the stairs is a distant relative.  What a fun surprise.
 How sweet is this Christmas quilt.


 Besides the beautiful quilts found all over the house, there was a nice breakfast too.

 Most of the quilts were brought in by guild members, but this one is a family heirloom, of the home owner.  I love crazy quilts.
I know its not a quilt, but isn't it fabulous?

 Then it was time to head up to the historic Peteetneet school, that is the home to the quilting week.  This time to pick up fabrics for great prices, as guild members donate fabrics for a fund raiser for the guild.  I found some amazing trims. Then it was time to check out the quilts in the exhibit in the museum rooms of Peteetneet.
 I've never seen a quilt like this, but I thought it was charming,  If I could crochet ...
 Here's a close up
 A peek in the case full of treasures.
 This is definitely my favorite quilt of the day ... I've never seen an appliqued quilt on black.  How stunning is that.
Here's another quilt with a twist.  Note the grandmother's flower garden flowers as hollyhocks.

I thought the fabric ribbons were a wonderfully clever touch.

 I always like a log cabin quilt.
 I'm not sure what this pattern is called, but I like it a lot, especially the color choices.
Last of all, but definitely not least, is the biggest quilt I have ever seen.  It is 10 feet tall.  I love sampler quilts, but didn't have time to see if there were duplicates,k  No mater how you look at it, its impressive.

Thanks for coming along and reviewing the great quilts at the Payson Quilt show.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks for coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment