Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Valentine Kits for Fun and Possible Profit.

 So, this is my most recent project, and a fun one it is.  I have been gathering goodies, searching out Graphics Fairy and sorting through my own treasure trove of vintage delights in order to make Valentines Kits to sell at the antique mall and at our flea.o.logy  flea market this weekend .  The picture to the left is the array of goodies in one kit.

 Above is one of the completed kits, and to the right is the back view of the same kit.  I have had a lot of fun dabbling in this project.  My daughter Emily came up with her baby this morning when I was working on them and asked, "So is this one of those 'I think I am going to
get rich from this' idea, or is it an 'I love making these and it would be nice if they will sell' idea?"  I had to admit that they definitely fit in the later category.  And with that I will leave you with wishes for a wonderful, fun, and possibly romantic Valentines' Day!
I have always loved making Valentines and have even made them for my friends as an adult.  I have collected vintage and antique Valentines, and with the wonders of color copying, I am now able to share their wonderful colors and homey designs.  I even got brave and put a couple of my Valentine Kits in my Etsy Shop. ( I am a newbie there and have yet to have a sale.)

7 comments:

  1. Paula ~ this is a really fun idea! Your kits look beautiful and I checked out your Etsy shop and it looks awesome! You will make a sale soon! (*_*) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Stacy, you can read the future too. Just sold one this morning. Thanks for sending me that good karma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! And so sad to not be able to make it to Fleaology this weekend. Visiting my grandgirls in CA instead. Hope to make it to your next one. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! what a great idea and such lovely pieces!I would love for you to come link up at my party going on till Monday night:)

    http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2012/01/get-schooled-saturday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. Cute kits! Perfect for Valentines for sure!

    Also.. I would love for you to link these up to my Friday party if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely adorable kits. I love all of the embellies you've included.

    I would love it if you would link this up to my brand party over at www.creatingyourhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your new kits! Keep us posted if are hot sellers at the market. (My guess is "yes")

    Thanks for sharing with us :D
    Visiting from BRAG MONDAY at GraphicsFairy,
    ~Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete