Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Kim's Patriotic Tea and Me!


It's party time!  And if there's a party, there's a very good chance the hostess is Kim!!  Lucky me!  
Here's our patriotic tea table!! 
This late July party could only happen in Utah, where our second patriotic holiday, Pioneer Day, on July 24th,  elongates our patriotic season. 
At art group, to which Kim belongs, we discussed the sad fact that she'd be taking down her patriotic decor, and most of us had yet to see it!! 

Of course we all wanted to see it, as Kim is celebre, when it comes to her holiday decor. 
Here's a detail of her fabby banner .... 
And another!  
Thus the last threads of patriotism were celebrated today at Kim's home. 
Here's the banner on her fabulous mantel!! 
And patriotic goodness ...
From left to ...
Right! 
We all drooled over her charmingly crafted patriotic houses!!  Kim has crafting skills!! 
This China cabinet in her sun room is filled with red, white and blue goodness. 
Red coo coo! YES !! 
This antique soldier's photographic portrait is stunning!! .... And makes me hum. Yankee Doodle Dandy!  
Sweet vignettes in every room. 
A comfy retreat!  
My favorite corner!! 
This ribbon and frame!!! 
And charming details throughout. 

After all the wonderful red, white and blue eye candy, it was it was time for ... 
Another kind of treat!! 
Thanks to all these lovely ladies who made it possible!!  

And oops, I didn't get a picture of Margo's cookie tarts .... But she promised to send a recipe, so .... I may end up doing one of my rare food blogs. If you make them and eat one, you'll understand!!  

Au Revoir 

3 comments:

  1. Paula, I am just getting around to reading this. I didn't want to peek until after I did my post. Fun to see what we do different. :) I totally missed getting photos of the fab food! It was such a fun tea!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete