Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Friendly Visit and Tour

My good friend Keith has refined his living room, and I was sure you'd all want to see!!
His living room is more formal than the rest of the house, as shown by his classic love seat, but still manages to have pops of fun ...

Seating that is elegant but still makes you smile!! 
And lots of well done vignettes ... 


And a cabinet full of curiosities. 
But nothing's more entertaining than his oh so cool sheep guy!! 
The family room has classic elements as well but adds in some rustic spice. 

 .... How perfect is this upholstered bench and tray?  It works as an ottoman, and the shabby mirrored tray helps it serve as a coffee table as well!! 
These stunning antique Engish inkwells are pure art!! 
And I loved this peek of turquoise pottery suggested by our mutual friend Chuck!! 
The calming blues and greens surrounding the chippy white china cabinet is simply serene!!
Since this sheep man is stationed near the kitchen, and seems a bit fluffier than his cool brother, Keith and I both think he may be nipping into the larder after lights out.  Hmmm 
Pastel shells look good enough to eat!! 
Another charming, chippy cabinet ...
And more fun vignettes!! 
There is so much warmth mixed in with the playful mix of classical, shabby and whimsy ... 

 A favorite detail for me is family photos fitted into antique paper weights!!  Keith is a child in the upper left picture!  
And speaking of family, I love how much the dealers I work with have come to feel like family ... Keith showed me many items he'd purchased from various dealers at the mall. Interestingly, that seems to give each item a bit of provenance!  

The picture shown here in his laundry room is one he purchased from me years ago. Somehow it makes me feel connected to this good man.  

Yep Keith's my good old antique mall buddy!  We've worked together for 18 years!  And somehow he feels like my kid brother!  Thanks friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment