Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bargain Christmas Decor!

This has got to be the cheapest wreath ever made.  The huge wreath was a find at Habitat for Humanity's Restore for $5 ... The great sparkly garland was $2 at a second hand store (still had the original store tag for $32). The ribbon length was cut from a bolt I bought after Christmas last year at Walmart for 75% off.

The skates were a summer find at a yard sale for $3, the snow flakes were 6 to a package at the dollar store and the silhouette of the boy skating was free here at Graphics Fairy.  The glitter was from the dollar store, and the spray glue was $1 at the Restore.


The greenery in the skates was cut from my yard and the lights were $2 after Christmas at Walmart last year, so when all is said and done, the wreath cost less than $15.  Gotta love thrifting, eh?  And here it is to the left with the lights off.
 
Happy Christmas Crafting!!
 
P.S. This is not its permanent placement, it will hang outside, just waiting for my dh to have time to do it.

15 comments:

  1. So sparkly and pretty. I happened upon a pair of skates for $1 at a thrift store - so FUN to find them. This is a lovely wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh! I love love love your wreath - it's so sparkly and bright. Love those skates too. Fabulous idea. You rocked that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! That wreath would be mondo expensive at a boutique! You have inspired me to do a little thrifting today...I'm almost ready for a new project! Thanks Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful wreath! And what a bargain, too. Don't you love when things like this just come together so beautifully? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful wreath Paula...it looks amazing with the lights on! As always, YOU are the QUEEN! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ladies are so nice ... it was a super fun project, and one that turned out just like the 'one in my head' ... love it when that happens! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with this, the skates are wonderful. What a deal!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fleaology the beginning of the year? If so spots still open?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the date is January 19th and it is an indoor sale,at a local green house. Please send me an email, at patula10@aol.com, and I will reserve you a spot. thanks

      Delete
  9. I LOVE the HFH Restore! I'm constantly finding awesome buys in there! Love the idea of using ice skates in the center!! Visiting from TT&J. Hope you'll stop by. Pin-fest is starting tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the ice skates and the entire wreath. I wanted to tell you to link it up next week for the Christmas wreath challenge on The CSI Project. The link up starts Wednesday.
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome find! The skates look wonderful with your wreath!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  12. all i can say is WOW...... so very very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wreath turned out so cute. and WOW, what a great price! I love old ice skates! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love those bargains. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete