Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chevron Shabby!

Going crazy here, still painting up a storm for flea.o.logy. 
 
 
Have had this 1930's drop leaf table for years .... hated to paint over the original patina, but it was just brown and lackluster, and no one wanted it.
 
Here's the new treatment ... boy does it take a long time to paint on chevrons, or should I say to mask off chevrons.   Did the blue stripes on one of the four chairs I painted to go with the table ... not sure I like it.  Which do you like best?
 
Oh, and call me crazy, but the table and chairs are all chalk paint, just waiting for a nice wax rub and some distressing ...
 
 
Last week I painted this little table, also from the 30's with a chevron top, leaving the natural old wood showing.
 
It sold on our FB Reclaimologists site within 10 minutes of listing. 
 
  So its back to the old paint brush for me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment