Monday, April 14, 2014

Heber Utah Flea Market at April James


 Spring time means good weather which means getting outside and doing lots of work, at least that what it meant for Mr. P. This weekend.

He needed to finish the new roof on one of our rental houses, of course he had lots of help from our four awesome boys, and even some from a daughter and a sweet d-i-l.

Then there was the hauling that needed to be done at home to render our lawn tree branch free for flea.o.logy next month. (We cut down two 110 year old Catalpa trees last November, that had died.)

I told him I needed to run up to Heber, to support friends who were doing the April James flea and  I was sure I would be home to help with the yard cleanup ...

 The flea was awesome ... this is her second year to have a monthly flea, but it was my first time to attend.  The 45 minute drive was beautiful, as a half an hour of that is through Provo canyon, and is lovely.

Love this bike, one of April's permanent displays.

 Found Jennine of Le Junk, with her usual assortment of awesomeness ...















Her sign below may be irreverent ... but as a small gardener myself, I completely understand the sentiment.


 Here I am with a few of my favorite flea.o.logy dealers, Angie, Kathy, Me, Jennine and Christine.
Angie is the American Homaker ... you just have to love her portable shop!

 ... and her new sign!
Christine is the head honcho of Vintage Yard Sale Utah, a very successful Face Book site.  And look, polka dot phones!!


 I think her card holder is the most creative use of a toy truck I have ever seen!!

To the right is Denise of Two Old Crows, another flea.o.logy veteran, she and Mark were set up on the other side of the shop and gave me a good deal on the treasure I found in their space.
 Inside of April's store are lots of wonderful shabby items.  April specializes in chalk paint and even teaches classes.  She is a very talented lady.

 I thought her banners were charming too, and you know how I love banners.

 Back outside I got to meet with another couple of dealers .... Emma Lee crafts with ephemera ... isn't the folded book art fun?

 I also liked the goodies that 'Three Shabby Birds' brought to the sale!!
Thanks for coming along, I hope you enjoyed the wander through a darling flea market.  We don't have the wonderful huge markets you find in other regions in the county, but I always love going and tend to find great priced goodies.  Of course getting to catch up with some of these amazing market vendors, always makes it a pleasant day for me.

... oh, and just in case you were wondering, I did get home in time to help Mr. P. with his third load and last load ... and I just have to say ... I am truly married to the energizer bunny ... (Maybe that explains the 10 kids?)

No comments:

Post a Comment