Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Save A Nickle Grocery Sign

Perhaps you didn't know, but I am married to a grocer.  So when the hot new trend of hanging 'grocery, market and farmers market' signs in one's kitchen came along,  I knew I wanted one that would reference his employer. The store is now called Maceys, after the family that started the store. (no not Macy's)  ... But when it started back in the 1930's it was originally called Save A Nickle.  I googled the name hoping to find a picture of their store sign, to no avail. 
So this is what I did instead. 
I found a large wood sign to spray paint black. 
Then I stretched and printed off the graphics for an old grocery store logo that I found on Graphics Fairy. 
Next I adapted the name to Save a Nickle. 
I then scribbled on the back with pencil and traced over the design to leave very light markings.
As you can see. 
Next I got paint and a brush and painted my adapted design. 
I was pretty happy with how it turned out. 
I hung it up in my newly redone kitchen ... 
Then my Dear Husband texted me a picture of a picture hanging on a coworkers office wall.  Really?  But I love it so much that it's back to the drawing board for me.  A replica will be perfect for my black and white kitchen ... Don't you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment