Sunday, January 16, 2011

And its back to real, post holiday, life!!

It finally happened.  All of my Christmas decor has been tucked away for another year.  Of course taking down holiday decor is not just something I have to do at home, it also happens at the antique store where I work, Treasures Antiques in Springville.

I am including a few pictures of the display I had the opportunity to redo this week, after taking down the Christmas display with a coworker.  My coworker had redone another display and gave me the opportunity to put this one together, with her helping with gathering.  It is all done in red and white, and is very cheerful when its cold and frosty outside,  (and sometimes in the store as we have the front heater on the blink at the moment, burrr!)   We added some Valentines elements and it feels quite festive.


   This display includes a vintage window, and I found a cute red dotted trimmed sheer curtain to which I shirred onto a yard stick to complete the look.  The curtains, that had been in the store for 6 months, sold within an hour.  Fortunately I was able to talk the dealer who bought them into letting us leave them in place for a week!  :-)  When she apologized I reminded her that the point of these displays is to sell the items in them!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Love the whole blog. Love the idea of you blogging. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paula ~ I thought that the front display looked great when I was there the other day! Keep up the good work girl! I'll do my best to get a bunch of stuff listed this week! Love ya! ~Stacy~

    ReplyDelete