Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Dinner Center Piece!

Here we go again ... getting ready to celebrate our Easter and Spring dinner and egg hunt a week early! Grandma and Grandpa are off on a 'lovely' Caribbean cruise and will be on the water on Easter day. Thankfully my sister-in-law will be holding down the fort here at Broadstone ... but alas ... we have to have our traditional egg hunt. I started this week by putting together this centerpiece for our table.
I knew it needed more blue, (The plates were originally plain pink)so I decoupaged old Easter Post card images on the pink bunny plates.

These were two of my favorites on Graphics Fairy (Thanks again Karen) and they both had a lot of blue!! Yeah!


Here is the finished double tray, laden with Easter and spring items ... I know my Grandchildren will love it.
Oh, and I need to thank 2 Pitts of a Pear, the antique dealers from whom I bought the double tray, I loved it the moment I laid eyes on it. Only Brandon would have thought to put them together this way, or was it his talented Aunt Tonya? (Though it was black when I found it, so they might not recognize it now.)

Thanks for dropping by, and hope your pre-Easter experience is lovely!! Our second day of spring started with a snow storm here along the Wasatch Front.
So wish me well on our cruise ... after all the mishaps on cruise ships on the news, I am feeling a little apprehensive.

5 comments:

  1. Love your Easter touches!!!! Come on over when you have a chance, I'm having a giveaway!

    http://okiobdesigns.blogspot.com/2013/03/stampin-up-giveaway.html

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun centerpiece! Love the way you layered the trays with Easter grass. Enjoy your cruise - hope all goes well! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! You have such wonderful unique items-love how the tray adds height!
    Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've set a very pretty Easter table. Happy Easter to you and yours :)
    ~Suz @MaytagNMom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Pollyanna! The tray is so cute and you've decorated it so darling. Happy cruising and be safe!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete