Friday, May 3, 2013

Reiventing an Antique Sewing Box.

Busy as a bee this week getting ready for my son's wedding this weekend!  But I still managed to squeeze in planting the 'bread box planters' on my garden house ...Yeah! ...


And I even found a minute to makeover  this antique bent wood sewing box that I have had for sale at the antique mall for years and years.  No one wanted the ugly thing in its original worn out maple finish, and I actually put it into a box to go to Good Will, but then rethought the move and decided to reinvent it instead.
 I painted it a fun robin's egg blue, then found the design below on Graphics Fairy to tweak its fun factory up a notch!!  I have decided to use it as my tagging tote.  It has tags, string, tape, pens, fun papers, a paper punch, scissors, safety pins and and even a dust cloth, yep all the goodies I use to mark goods at the antique mall, antique shows and flea markets.  I love it!

6 comments:

  1. Love the sewing basket!
    Isn't Graphics Fairy great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, too... it's so great that you can uncover such beauty in common old things. I hope your son's wedding weekend goes wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann, and you would love this reception, she is holding it in a barn. Though she really wanted an old barn on a farm, she was unable to negotiate that, and found a 'new' barn at a local nursery where she is having it. If only we lived by you ...

      Delete
  3. Love the flowers. Please share the images of the wedding next week with us, love wedding pics. From engagement rings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wild horses couldn't keep me from posting about the wedding next week. I just helped set up for the reception, and its amazing!!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE it! What a great idea to use it as a tote for yourself, too. I love that image myself and cut it out the same way to use the graphic for a terracotta pot I did. : )

    ReplyDelete