Monday, September 19, 2016

A Farewell Bee Tea


Last week my art group gave a farewell tea in my honor as I leave for Finland soon!! 
It was Trina's idea, but when the group decided on a bee theme, Kim's house was chosen since her summer decor is always the bees knees!! 
Here are my gracious friends ..., 
There were lots of bee treats ... Like this charming cake...
And these cookies ... 
And even a cheesy bee ball, yum!  
How perfect is that. 
Everything was bee-utiful and delicious!! 
Here Kim pours herbal tea!! 
Kim's house is just a Treasure Trove of Bee memorabilia 
Cute bee theme pillows fill most of the chairs ...
Bee theme art work fills the walls. 



And charming bee things...
Fill cupboards and ....
people vignettes in table tops!! 

I really did feel like the Queen Bee!!!  I'm grateful for all those worker bees who so generously created  this magical moment for me. 

I know I'll love working in Finland for the next year and a half. I hope to have fun posts  starring their amazing historic churches, private homes, deliciously simple recipes, simple rustic designs and flea market finds!!!  

For a girl raised in the mountain valleys of a dessert state, I know that the low rolling landscapes covered with birches and thousands of lakes, and the hope of seeing the northern lights will be a wonderful experience!! 

Thanks again girls!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment