Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentines Mantel

Yep, I have been busy crafting again.  I finished up two projects on Saturday and was able to finish my dining room mantel!  Huzzah!
 

The first project was dressing up an antique bride's basket from my collection.  I filled it with some red garland, and silver and red pics.  A pair of sweet glittery pink birds sit in the midst of the nest, with banners proclaiming 'love nest'.  I thought it was perfect for Valentines.
 

I have had these mercury glass finials for years, but have never been able to find a spot for them.  I thought with some sweet graphics from the source of all sources, Graphics Fairy, they would make the perfect centerpiece for my mantel.  I adore the little Valentine Clowns, and they were simple to decoupage into place.
 

 
 


 
I bought this sweet shadow box/rolling ball game at Treasures last week from Two Pits of a Pear.  I love their stuff, and did you notice that he used the same little Valentine clown that I included on my Mercury glass?  I would like to think that means I have good taste, because I know that Brandon certainly does! 
Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. You have to be the best at looking at something and seeing the possibilities! I want to be you when I grow up! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you have to be the best at making someone feel good, not to mention being extremely talented yourself ... so glad I know you, thanks!!

      Delete
  2. Love all your festive Valentine decor. Tell me why they are called brides baskets. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are called bride's baskets in retrospect, because they were commmon as wedding gifts. They were really just decorative bits that were popular on tables at the turn of the last century! I have always found them to be charming. The fanciest ones have art glass inserts .... amazing stuff!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I've seen them around but never knew they had a name. So interesting. Mimi

      Delete
  3. I love the bride's baskets! I don't think I've ever seen these before and if I have I didn't know what they were. Thanks for the education! I'm going to keep my eye out for one now because as you have shown, you can really do them up nicely. Thanks so much for your visit. Can't wait to see what you do next! melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that the mantel is complete! Graphics Fairy does it again! Great little images on the finials. It all came together LOVE-ly! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete