Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Acorn Antique Show in Ogden!! A First for Me!!

Well this was a busy, busy week for me.  I got an email last Sunday inviting me to join an established antique show in Ogden this weekend.  That meant I had just four days to gather items and load them up for the show.  My antique show partner, Bruce, and I have long wanted to be a part of this highly successful show, but were intimidated by the rumors of eternal waiting lists, as the show is very popular and is always full!

Bruce said he thought we should go for it, as we might not have another chance.  The cancellation that opened a spot for us was a fluke, and we were invited because we are local!    It did call for some creativity to pull together enough stuff to do a show on such short notice, but it worked.

One thing that I did was to bring my own Vintage and Reproduction Easter decor collection.  It hasn't seen the light of day for five years, so I thought it might like to come out of hiding.  Here are some of the items that I brought out to sell.

I also completed projects that I had on hand that I had started.  This little reinvented hat stand doll head, has been sitting on my work bench for three months, unpainted.  She is really a carpet ball glued with E6000 glue to the top of an antique metal candle holder sans the candle cup.  Isn't she fun?

Scott finally got around to rewiring these wonderful 30's boudoir lamps three months ago... they have been moving with me from house to house for years.  It took me a couple of years to find the replacement ceramic flowers, but here they are all completed, thanks to the short notice of the show!!

I also culled some things from the antique mall.  In the corner of the booth we see a wonderful antique 1880's wedding dress complete with her mannequin and her 18 inch waistline!!  As if!! She's been living at the antique mall for several years and dearly wants a new home!!  The charming bowl and pitcher set to the left are also Victorian, and belong to my partner!

This is my friend Cathie and her booth.  This was her second time doing the Acorn Show and she has such great style.  Notice the three shoppers behind her.  This show was absolutely packed!! 

Here's another view of Cathie's cute booth!

And last but not least, any antique show is a great place to run into good friends.  Here is my friend Marci on the left, she sells at Vine Street Antiques in Salt lake, between us is our friend Cindy, who is another seller at Treasures!  Don't we look great and color coordinated!!

The show was a great success, even if there were two nights this past week when I slept only 3 hours.  The energy of a show is fabulous, not to mention all the great finds one gets to take home!!  Bruce and I have already signed on for the next Acorn Antique Show May 21st and 22nd.  I hope to see you there!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post Paula! Loved seeing your pics of the show and all of the cool stuff! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your booth was just gorgeous Paula, can't believe you put it together on such short notice! You have such lovely taste and tremendous talent for display. Thanks for your unending support for me. . . and I'm so glad you had such success at Acorn!

    ReplyDelete