Sunday, October 9, 2011

Altered Art Halloween Event Invitations!!

      I have been considering doing a Witch's Tea or Luncheon all summer.  I love 'witches'... now please realize it is the 'kinder and gentler' witch that I love, I am not into 'witchcraft' of any kind.  When I went to see Wicked (with the original cast on Broadway, lucky me) for the first time, I absolutely identified with Elphaba and her missteps when trying to do good. I even have her name on my license plates! As an adult I have always dressed as a witch for Halloween, so a witches wingding for Halloween seemed perfect.
I found this great 'Witches Ball' graphic on Graphics Fairy and thought it would be perfect.  This is my first prototype for the invites.  I was disappointed, I didn't love it.  I knew I didn't want the bright Halloween Palate, but this was just too subdued.  I dug into my scrapbook paper supply and found a great two sided bat theme paper that I thought would add color without making it garish.  The brad at the center of the crepepaper rosette didn't seem right either.  So as you see I move the moon down to make it the center of the rosette and liked it much better. And then of course torn edges seem sort of spooky too!

 This picture shows the rejected prototype and the two alternative invitations, since the new paper was 10 by 10, I could get two invitaitons out of one page, but being varigated, it lead to two slightly different looks.  Inside I put:

Oh come ye one and come ye all
To lunch where witches have a ball
Wear your cape and hat so tall
‘Twill be ‘the’ event of the fall.

I will have to let you know how much fun we all have during the 'witching hour' of 1:00 P.M.  Evening would have been spookier, but I didn't want to make it a 'date' event either. 
 Witch Me Well!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't wait to see some pics of your party, sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete