Friday, October 14, 2011

Best Witches for a Happy, Crafty Halloween (Banner)

 Just wanted to share a fun project I just finished. This banner is made of 12 by 12 scrapbook card stock.  I love the black and white combinations and chose three, that I alternated.

I chose the 'stencil' font on my computer for the letters, and then cut them out in ovals and added a trim around them before gluing them on the flags (12" by 4 ") with Tacky Glue.
Then the flags were glued on the vintage trim with hot glue.

I was a little surprised by how big the banner turned out, but I do like the impact it makes. Definitely a 'centerpiece' for the room.

 These close up shots show some of the details. The 'B' flag has a gathered crepe paper border, the 'E' has a scalloped cut border of another b & w print. The "S" has a vintage b &w woven trim. 

I added a crow silhouette for the space between words that I made by coloring a crow I got off Graphics Fairy with a Sharpy marker.   Last of all I tied bits of trims, vintage lace, torn muslin, crepe paper and ribbons between the flags.

I would like to thank  my friend Jenn whose amazing flag banners have influenced me to try a hand at my own.


  1. Awesome- I love it!! I might have to give this a try :)

    Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving some comment love! I'm so glad you did because now I get to see your amazing projects. I'm going to start following you now!

  2. OMG so cute! Love, love, love your banner! Very clever!


  3. I adore banners and this is simply gorgeous! Saw this over at The Graphics Fairy. Love it!

  4. Wow! Your banner is really beautiful!

  5. I love all of the papers you used! Looks amazing together. Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize~

  6. So pretty and love that it was made with scrapbook papers. The papers don't look particularly Halloweenish on their own but when used in this banner the look just works. I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky from