Monday, July 8, 2013

Patriotic Mantel Decor

So, I have decided that working on the fourth of July, must have left me with an empty place in my patriotic heart ... because I still want to decorate for the fourth!

 Since I usually leave my fourth of July decor up all summer, I am not too worried ... and look what fun I had making a patriotic banner to accent my happy red, white and blue mantel.
 As always, I went to Graphics Fairy, and found these fun 'beautiful lady with flag' post cards ...  It was simple to print them off on card stock, and add goodies ... voila!

This is what I added: blue tinsel, red card stock trimmed with fancy scissors, letters, a fine black pin to outline the letters, and washy tape to attach the pennants to red and white baker's twine.  Pretty simple, and very colorful, don't you think?

 Here are a few more elements of the mantel, including cast iron candle sticks to hold vintage flags, old children's blocks and a pair of chalk ware salt and pepper shakers who represent lady liberty and Uncle Sam.
Thanks for coming along and letting me share my colorful mantel with you!!  Happy Summer!

5 comments:

  1. Great banner! Love the blue sparkly trim around the pictures -- and the stars on the top! Very festive! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous banner! And of course I love the AMERICA blocks. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I do know you love vintage ... hope you are well, hoping to see you at flea.o.logy!!

      Delete
  3. OMG every thing is so cool looking! Perfect job on that banner, and your mantel is so pretty! I like how you put the 2 heads on the "America" blocks! The plate sitting on the right hand side, with American flags on it is nice too, I wonder if you made that too? Stay Crafty!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny that you mentioned the plate. It also has two old postcards on it, and one of them is the same as one on my banner. But no, I didn't make it, its done commercially. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete