Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas Crafting



Yep, Thanksgiving dinner will be here in two days, and I willl be serving 27 ... So was I baking pies?  Nope ... I was being driven by my internal craft minions ...  
I started with this flat bed spring, coiled into a 1 foot diameter ring ...

...added a dollar store wreath the same size ...

... Then I added vintage Christmas elements ... Fun and funky and green!


I also put together a few funky salt shaker 'cloches' .... Many thanks to Angie at The American Homemaker for providing the tiny kitsch, well, other than the tree, which I made from branches off the Dollar Store wreath, twisting together a couple of branches, then trimming them into a cone shape, before touching the branches with white paint ... They ended up looking pretty cute, don't you think?

Oh, and with the Primary Children's Festival of Tree set up on Monday, I spent a lot of the day with details for the tree, including painting white dots on red ornaments ...

I would like to thank my daughters and DILs for offering to help with thanksgiving ... It leaves me time for doing what I love best ... Happy crafting, and a lovely Thanksgiving!  

No comments:

Post a Comment