Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thanksgiving Table

Had so much fun Tuesday setting up a faux table setting for a contest that Christine, of Vintage Yard Sale Utah, a Facebook page I follow, has going on.

I love my brown transfer ware collection, and used it for the first time last TG.  For this photo op I also pulled out my pearl handled antique silverware... So fun, but I only have four spoons so it won't be getting used any time soon.  (The sets were made for a fish course, so they just came with forks and knives .... Any spoons you find, like these, we're used for sauces, and are the size of soup spoons ... Still searching eBay for more of those.)

With the funky and casual center piece I thought I better add something else to balance all the antique dinner ware,Mao I tore up old flour sacks for napkins, and used ultra tarnished old napkin rings.

Thanks Christine, for the motivation and excuse to do something I love ... She is announcing the winner next week, if you want to go and see what other, better photographed entries look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment