Friday, November 8, 2013

I am Thankful for Family

Today, I wanted to share a few of the things for which I am thankful.
 
I am thankful that my parents decided, after the fact, that they wanted more than the original 6 children they had planned to have .... I am number 7 and am shown above with my oldest sister, Julie. I loved growing up in a large family, another brother and sister came along after me.  In fact being a part of a large family was so fun, that from as early as I can remember I wanted to have a large family too.

I am also thankful for an amazing family heritage ... in my genealogy I have a president of the United States,  an Indian Chief, an apostle in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and a boat load of pioneers and missionaries ...
 
Above is my grandmother's cousin, Hanna Wang, she was Norwegian, and served all of her adult life as a Christian missionary to China ..

I am also grateful for my amazing progeny ... My children and grandchildren greatly enrich my life.  I also love seeing them being amazing additions to society.  All adults are fully employed, and are active in doing good works.
 
Above is my granddaughter Eva, she and her cousins are a delight in my life daily.


Of course everything I have and am, is a result of my amazing parents.  My mother and father were small town social reformers ... sometimes that was hard to live with ... like when we had a cross burned in our lawn when my mother was running for political office as a candidate in a minor party, or when my father developed a bleeding ulcer while working as a social worker.
 
They sacrificed greatly to make the world a better place, and they are a amazing great example to me.
 
... and last, but not least, is my beloved partner of 40 years ... he is also amazing ... he is kind, and capable ... if I can imagine it, he can do it, and believe me, I can and have imagined a lot!!
 
Thanks you dear for 40 amazing years (we met 40 years ago last month)
 
I am so grateful for the amazing people in my life ... friends and family alike. Thank you all for all you do to make me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment