Monday, March 3, 2014

Faking Black and White Enamel Ware with Polka Dots

 I am still in the planning stages for my black and white kitchen, you know, saving great kitchens in a Pinterest file.

But I know I will want black and white accessories, so I have been collecting and adapting a few things to add punch.

My cabinets are a good three feet below the ceiling, so I have been saving up goodies to go there.

 This pitcher was a fairly common looking steel pitcher, similar to the one above, though I think this would work with an old aluminum pitcher as well.

I sprayed several coats of white spray paint on the pitcher, as you see to the right.
Then using craft paints and a foam roller, with the handle removed, I made polka dots around the pitcher.  I later filled in the holes left by the foam roller, with a brush, and painted the rim and handle.

Next I sprayed the pitcher with a high gloss craft paint, available at craft stores.


 Here it is with some enamelware pitchers.  The coffee pot in the middle is one I gave the same treatment as the polka dot pitcher.


I was pretty happy with how it turned out, and plan to do similar treatments to other old metal utilitarian pieces.

Thanks for stopping by, I will keep you posted on my kitchen redo as we go along.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE them!!!! What an awesome idea. Can't wait to see it all put together:)
    ~Debra xxx
    capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete