Friday, October 17, 2014

Hoytsville Vintage Market


 So what does a girl do when one of her favorite vintage markets, this one which is actually named 'Vintage Market', happens to fall on set up day for a vintage market at which you are selling? 

Fortunately for me, I have two huge vans ... how funny is that?  We bought a new one to replace the one with 300,000 miles because we worried about taking the old one on a 2,000 mile round trip.  Yep, old blue is still plugging along. That was three years ago.

So old blue got loaded for 3 Dotters, where I arranged for an afternoon set up time.  Then my friend Ann and I took off in the white van for the almost 2 hours drive to Hoytsville for the Vintage Market there.

Here is some of the vintage goodness we experienced while there.





My friend Ann took this chair home with us ... the second time in a month I have shopped a vintage market, only to have my compatriot buy a modern chair at an amazing price ...



 The little brown chest to the far right went home with me, such a cutie and such a good price.

 ... as did this lovely antique English dresser ... The top of the dresser needs some work, so you will likely see it made-over in the near future!


This near empty homemade goodies display takes me back to my childhood.

My next door neighbor growing up was Martha Ann Donaldson.  This woman beats out Martha Stewart by a country mile .... I remember her baked goods, like the red velvet cake, the German chocolate cake ... and homemade bread that was so high and light it tasted like store bought.

Martha Ann, grew up in Hoytsville, and has since retire there to the wonderful of historic home that converted me to antiques when I was 8,  Two of her daughters also live there ...  Jane, her youngest child is as famous for her baked goods in Hoytsville, as her mother was in Bountiful when I was growing up.  Yummy! The sale had been opened for an hour when I took this picture, I was told it was piled high at the beginning of the sale .... not at all surprising to me.

... and here I am with Debbie and Kathy.  Debbie is Jane's oldest sister, and grew up next door to me in Bountiful.  Kathy is my husband's 'something degree' cousin, who I met at my first Vintage Market in Hoytsville three years ago!!  So fun to know people who love what you love, don't you think?

Well, Hoytsville is a long ways away, but I will try to make it to both of their yearly markets if I can make it happen.  Maybe I will see you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment