Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Steampunk Kitchen Tour at Marci's

Wednesday's Wanderings - Marci's House #2

For this second visit to Marci's house, we will take a look at the kitchen.  Isn't this a fun garland?  I thought it was charming.  Marci has it draped across the cubby between an antique cupboard base and open glass doored shelves above.

Mistress Steampunk is all decked out for exploration, she stands watch in the corner in front of a screen Marci both made (with some help from her dh) and decoupaged with old book pages and other ephemera.





.. and when you visit Marci's one learns early the importance of looking up.  Both of these charming displays are found above her upper cabinet space.

 All three pictures shown to the right, are of a coninuous scene, again, in the alcove space between the bottom and top of her antique pine cupboard.  I am sorry I didn't think to get a picture of the entire cupboard.  I just find Marci's vignets to be so  apealling that I seem to focus
 (literally) on them.



The  picture to the left is a grouping of crystal spice shakers arranged in the old desktop stamp holder, isn't it just adorable?

Thanks for coming along to check out more of Marci's amazing steampunk home.  I have enough pictures for one more trip, so watch my blog for more Steampunk fun!!

P.S. Don't forget to take a look at my Freebie Friday giveaway, it closes tomorrow night.

2 comments: