Monday, March 5, 2012

Trash to Treasure: Tea (Cup) Light!

Makeover Monday

I just wanted to share this sweet makeover.  The crystal lamp was taken apart, and an English cup and saucer, having been drilled with a variable speed drill and a ceramic drill bit, were threaded onto the chord, in between the crystal lamp and the light socket, which was then reattached.


A decorative small watt bulb finished off the delicate look of a diminutive lamp that is more night light than lamp.  Perfect for a bed side table in a guest room.

6 comments:

  1. That is adorable. I have always been afraid to drill in a tea cup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, don't have my little tea cups anymore, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love this little lamp...hope you don't mind if I copy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and decorative idea :)
    Wish you a great day!

    ReplyDelete