Monday, February 24, 2014

Acorn Antique Show Time

 With Valentines behind us, and spring time several weeks away, I thought I would take the time to show some pics I took a few weeks back at the Acorn Antique Show in Ogden.

Long time readers will recall that I sold at the Acorn Show for years ....  but now I just get to shop .... and I actually love that.

These clock faces were for sell at Cathie Cox's booth.  She's another dealer at Treasures where I work, and I thought they were awesome.  She will have them for sale at Treasures again after she does the spring circuit of vintage sales, including Salt Lake's Vintage Whites sale that is happening at the State Fair Grounds in just two weeks!! I can hardly wait.

A favorite seller from Cat's Cradle Antiques in Provo brought this awesome antique mannequin head, covered in German stamps.


My partner in treasure hunting, Wendy, found this awesome red, white and blue factory spool!

 John, also a dealer at Treasures brought in this original deep sea diver's helmet ... the super cool thing about it is that its has the same price you will find on reproductions, neither is cheap, but still thought that was awesome.

 This guy just made me laugh, when I saw him ... long time antique dealer Jeff, had him fitted out to 'beat the band'.

I also ran into good friends Laurie and Patti.
 Loved the painted chippy furniture in this dealers booth.  Wendy managed to find a treasure to take home here.
 ... this dealer was new to the show and had an amazing collection of children's antiques ... along with all this fun vintage Easter goodness.

As always, the show was super fun ... Wendy and I later stopped at a second hand store and then the newish Vintage Flea Market in Salt Lake on 13th south, west of the freeway, which was interesting, and which added to my treasures for the day.  Thanks Wendy for coming along to make the day the best it could possibly be!!

And before I saw goodbye, I thought I would show you a cool picture I found on Instagram this week ... what an awesome idea for all those cool watch faces of Cathie's, right?

Well, I do have an awesome type tray and I was just thinking .... well stay tuned, and thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment