Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Halloween Decor - 1/10 - Skulls in Bell Jar

Ooh so spooky, that scary emblem of Halloween that is always smiling.  I found these skulls at the dollar store and decided to stack them on my dining room table inside my Bell Jar.  I found the skull and crossbones 'Arsenic' label here at Graphics Fairy.  I have used it before and made lots of fun Halloween Bottles last year using it and other great graphics.


Since the stacked skulls in the bell jar has almost a mad scientists laboratory look about it, I chose to soften the look by adding bows.  I mean we don't really want to scare the grand kids, right?  This post is the first of my 10 Halloween decor projects that I will share as I decorate my house for my second favorite holiday.  Keep checking back, hopefully I can come up with some original ideas.


9 comments:

  1. Only you could make skulls and skeletons look elegant! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dollar store, huh? Great...I would love to make some Day of the Dead style sugar skulls for my daughter Sascha. Fun idea! Thanks for sharing all your brilliance! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! i used skulls and jars a few years ago. i'm seeing alot of doll heads this year, and while creepy, i can't get behind that. it's a little too creepy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always quite intrigued with Halloween decorating. We don't do Halloween in Australia so I enjoy seeing all these scary decor projects. Thank you for sharing at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every Brag Monday, I click on a project I like and I always end up here! This is justfabulous, so clever. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisette, so kind of you to say so. I think that may be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me in a comment here. :-)

      Delete
  6. Oh I love Halloween also. I have finished my Fall Decor, but come October 1st it will change to Halloween. My 2nd favorite holiday also. Love the skulls in the bell jar. I bought some of those skulls at the dollar store a couple years ago. Too fun, but yes; we don't want to scare the kiddies! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love these! What a lovely idea and yes, actually, the bows make is macabre in a sweet way.

    ReplyDelete