Thursday, September 13, 2012

Halloween Decor - 3/10 - Pennant Banner

Just finished my latest Halloween decor project ... of course if you know me, you are not surprised that it is a pennant banner.  The banner says: Scaredy Cat ... I wanted something fun and a tiny bit spooky.


I loved doing it, I mean if there's glitter going on, I am going to love it, But it took me four hours, which was a bit of a surprise.  First I printed off the oval frames I found at Graphics Fairy on old dictionary pages.  Next I sorted through my letter cut outs and chose the ones I need.  After that I added glue to the letters and glittered them.  Continuing with the project I cut the dictionary pages into triangles, glued the triangles on card stock, cut the border with scalloped scissors, added the glittered letter, traced around it with a super fine sharpy, then trailed a bead of glue along the border between the dictionary page triangle and the card stock backing, adding glitter to that.  Then I laid them all out and hot glued classic seam binding along the top, wet crumpling more seam binding and tying lengths of it between the pennants.  Whoa, still four hours?


I really do like how it turned out, and thought that it was sort of elegant, which is surprising as I think of pennant banners as crafty and funky and fun!!  I am planning a primarily black and white color scheme for all my Halloween decor this year, so this banner will fit right in. Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Darling banner. I wish I was as half as talented as you. And by the way, thank you for lunch the other day. I really enjoyed being amongst your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks so much for coming, it was lovely to see you ... just wish the luncheon thing had worked out. -P

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THIS BANNER! One of my favorites I have seen this season!!! Your hard work paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four hours? Is that all? I think that you should make me one now! Hahaha! Kidding Paula...LOVE the banner! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I thought at first that was burlap, but love that you used book pages. The cat graphic is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say it was definitely worth the time because it's amazing! Love it! Want it!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute ....love the cat graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your banner turned out great! Definitely worth the four hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out lovely. Thanks for sharing on Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I have made a few banners and they do take quite a bit of time. Worth it in the end! Loving the black and white! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete