Monday, September 10, 2012

Judy Gets Her Wings: An Altered Art Project

We Can, the service organization I belong to, is doing another tree for the Primary Children's Hospital fund raiser, The Festival of Trees.  Maybe you caught my blog post last year where I showed the tree we donated then.


This year we are dedicating the tree to Judy Dimond, a We Can member who passed away after a lengthy bout with cancer this year.  We are naming the tree 'Judy Gets Her Wings', in reference to what an angelic woman she is, and what a great example of grace she was through her final illness.


We are making these decoupaged paper mache book ornaments to honor her, as well as lots of big and flashy, but more generic ornaments.  These ornaments are really altered art projects, and I found my butterflies and vintage ladies at Graphics Fairy.  Check back after Thanksgiving to see the finished tree!


1 comment: