Friday, April 13, 2012

Fabulous Friday's Fun and Funky Reinvention!!

Fabulous Friday - First Things First:  I would like to announce the winner of last week's reinvented notebook and congratulate Korrie of Red Hen Home.   And now for my favorite reinvention of the week.  I found this globe at a garage sale last summer, thinking I could think of something funky to do with it.  Did I mention that it did not have a base?  This week I took a couple of days to work on getting goodies ready for flea.o.logy, the flea market that I help host three times a year.  Its going to be May 5th so its definitely time to get busy.



I noticed this base in my stash in the garage and thought with some matching paint it might work! 



I love the funky blue paint and think it makes the whole thing come together!  The former gold metal that ringed the globe looked weird with the black cast iron base, so the color really united the finished piece. 

Thanks for coming to take a look, I will have more projects to show you in the next couple of weeks as I get ready for the big day.

BTW if you have ever been to one of our sales, we are having a blog contest for $50 in flea.o.logy merchandise at the May 5th sale, click on the flea.o.logy link above and check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! I'm so excited to have won, but even MORE excited to attend my first Flea-o-logy next month! Love the globe's new look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love globes (I have one rolling around in the backseat of my car right now) and I love your stand. Perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! way to come up with a different base for this- looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog post with interesting discussion and the points and ideas are well presented. i liked it very much, keep sharing more such posts.

    ReplyDelete