Monday, April 23, 2012

Chaise Lounge Makeover

Makeover Monday is here again.  If you are a long time reader you may recall my auction blog post last year.  I bought this nice old chaise and vowed to make it handsome once more. 

The chaise had a stained and torn dark red broadcloth for a covering, and the wood which was originally false grained to look like quarter sawn oak, was now pealing off and was hardly attractive.



I tightened the wobbly claw feet, and painted the wood a nice metallic gold, before tackling the reupholstery.  The fabric I chose is much heavier than the previous choice.   It is a jacquard weave in golds and reds.  I also added an elegant tasseled fringe. 


This lovely, formerly exquisite, Victorian lady will soon find a new home.  I can imagine her lounging at the foot of an elegant bed with the dressing gown of a femme fatale thrown artistically across her breadth.  Thanks for coming along to visit our renewed lady.












1 comment:

  1. I love your choice of fabric and the fringe is the perfect touch. I would love it if you shared this beautiful makeover at my Restyled Sundays party.

    ReplyDelete