Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Pintersting Easter




Saturday Style - My Style       Last Saturday we had our Spring Celebration.  My kids came and brought my adorable Grandchildren all ready for food and fun.  I had been pinning ideas for our feast on Pinterest for a month.  You can see the cute lemonade caps made from cupcake papers, and the edible Bird's nest with eggs, both were Pinterest ideas.

I also made eggs cooked in the oven in muffin tins lined with ham.  Yummy, but the fourth Pinterest idea was a bust.  I made crock pot potatoes, that required 10 to 12 hours on low.  I double the recipe and wondered if that it would take even longer, NOT.  When I got up Saturday morning they had been cooking for 8 hours, were overdone, and the ones on the bottom were not edible.  Bummer.

Here are my centerpieces for the table in the dining room.


This is the centerpiece for the extra table in the parlor.  I had intended to have this celebration outside, thus the lemonade covers, but it was too cold... 


....but fortunately it warmed up enough by the time brunch was over to allow us to do our egg hunt outside. 

"So, what's the big deal about the eggs?"

"If I shake them and they rattle that means they have candy inside, if they don't I am not interested."  Note the discarded boiled egg beside her.  (Like we could trick her into eating non candy?)

"Oh, this is better than any of the eggs!"  My Son-in-law Sam decided to build a coop and get chickens ... of course Easter is the perfect time for chicks .... so with lots and lots of hand sanitizer (the gallon pump size)  a grand time was had by all.  The babies chasing the chicks and the bigger kids and adults enjoying the fun show.

Thanks Sam for helping to make this Easter season one to remember!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fab grandma you are. I LOVE everything on your table and what a memory for everyone. I LOVE that the babe isn't fooled with the eggs. TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun! Your grandkids are almost as cute as mine ;-) I don't think I ever sent you my address. (It's been kinda crazy around here) Would you mind sending me your email address and I will send you my home address!
    You're the best. Mimi

    ReplyDelete