Monday, April 9, 2012

Makeover Monday - Antique Inkstand to Table Caddy



Makeover Monday starts with this funky alloy desk stand that once held two bottles of ink, a pen (sideways across the two knobs on the front) and mail.  I found it for $3 on my road trip to the PCC fleamarket that I attended with my fleaology friends a week ago in Pasedena.

I loved the form, but since I 'rarely' use a nibbed pen anymore, I knew I needed to repurpose it.  A friend suggested using it to hold salt and pepper shakers and napkins.  Then I just needed to make it match my kitchen, so  a coat of black spray paint and ....
this great graphic from Graphics Fairy, some snipping and decoupaging and it looks like its been a part of my kitchen forever.


I was so pleased with how it turned out.  It's also a nice addition as when my husband and I pop up the leaves on the tea cart that serves as my kitchen table at dinner time, we usually just grab the chunky salt and pepper shakers off the stove.  We will be so much more elegant now, don't you think?  I love how it echoes the chairs that I painted and decoupaged, something like, a million years ago.


Thanks for coming along to take a peek at my latest project.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE it. SO pretty and I love the whole set up in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how it turned out, great project friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just didn't remember if it was you or Jenn that suggested it, but then you both have great minds ...

      Delete
  3. Really pretty. The red roses look perfect with the black fan shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makeover Paula and I love the picture of your window and table! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great makeover I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all, I just looked at the picture and noticed the can of spray paint on the right end of the window seal ... oops, I guess, though, paint is such a part of my life I can't help it. -Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Clever idea and it enhances your kitchen so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty makeover and I love your breakfast area. Super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makeover is beautiful! We're so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete