Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thrifty Thursday Finds!

Thrifty Thursday - Great Deals from my PCC Fleamarket Trip!


Above is a picture of the majority of the smalls I found at PCC last weekend.       I am obviously drawn to silver plate items and goodies of all kinds in 50's green.  The green wire flower frog is definitely a favorite.
The nice flow blue plate will likely go with me to the Acorn Show in May!  The huge corroded silver plate punch bowl was probably my favorite find of the whole market.  I have always wanted one.  I am not sure how well it will clean up, but I wouldn't even mind dull patina, we shall see.


I have always had a weak spot for old sock darners.  This set evidently came out of some sweet grandma's sewing basket, because they came with a tiny strawberry needle sharpener and a thimble.
I was pleased to find a partial chandelier for just five bucks that I can salvage the crystals from (above),  They are still awaiting a nice wash to make them sparkle.                    The pyrex bowls, all four of them, are in great shape and will eventually be gathered into Primary Color Mixing Bowl Sets.


I was thrilled to find a jewelry dealer with a huge plastic bin of affordable junk (above) for my jewelry making efforts.              The four Desert Rose plates and serving bowl were affordable additions to my own growing set.  I would eventually like to have enough of them to serve 24 to 30, the size my Thanksgiving dinner is bound to grow to.  Oh and I was pretty excited to find the light bulb cage as well!

This is my china cabinet where I display my Desert Rose.  I chose the pattern, partly because my wonderful neighbors had it when I was growing up, but also because I thought it looked great with my dining room wallpaper.

Thanks for your interest, I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the goodies I gathered at the flea market last weekend. 

4 comments: