Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ZINNIA an Overtly Amazing Crafter Store in Pasadena!

Wednesday Wanderings - Zinnia

Zinnia is a supurb store ... and it is a junk artist's haven.  Jenn took us into the old downtown in Pasadena for lunch at some quaint mom and pop cafe, and next door was Zinnia's. It can only be fate that lead us here.



  You may recall that I mentioned Zinnia in my blog post about our flea marketing adventures in California.



 All three of us love junk and are crafters to one degree or another and when we walked into Zinnia we thought we had died and gone to crafter Heaven!  But no, you don't HAVE to die to go there, its right there on Earth in downtown Pasadena, who knew?

There were lots and lots of artist created projects and we were all drooling. It was so hard to choose what to take home and what to leave behind.


Each artist outdid the one before ... they used materials in ways we had not imagined.


 It was like walking into the pages of Somerset Home ... we were charmed from head to toe.   ... and just when we thought we had taken in all we could possible absorb ...

We turned and there it was .... a whole island filled with charming tiny elements for crafting, jewelry, art, journaling ....


What can I say, we were awe struck.


We all gathered goodies like so many squirrels, with plans floating in our heads like sugarplums ... only sweeter.


We laughed and tried not to spend ALL of the money we had been squirreling away for our trip to the big city flea market ...  but our heads and hearts were spinning.  The shop owner told us about classes where new techniques are taught.  For a minute there I wondered if this might not be a great city to retire to.  (OK, the flower district, clothing district, Broadway plays and flea markets might have had something to do with that thought.)




The store was amazing and we have been talking about it ever since ... "You remember that ____ we saw at Zinnia?"  and "We could display that like they did at Zinnia." 

Thanks for coming along on this Wednesday wandering.  If you enjoyed this store a 10th as much as I did, you were well paid for spending your time here.  Be sure to take a peek at Zinnia the next time you head to the pacific shore, you won't be sorry, I promise.

9 comments:

  1. Your idea about the cuckoo clock would have fit right in at Zinnia! I need some inspiration...I need to visit some shops that aren't in Utah county! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to live there!!!!! I NEED that store!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, lets talk our hubbies into trading 'P' cities for retirement, what do you think? We could live next door to each other and go to Zinnia everyday and fleamarkets every weekend.

      Delete
  3. I need to go back already! Ready for another road trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be in California next week. I'm going to beg everyone to let me drive up to Pasadena so I can see for myself. Zinnia looks amazing. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy I don't have to die to go there! OMG though, that place is amazing. Do they take in boarders????? Great post thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it's okay...I pinned this one. Looks like a great place. Need one on the east coast, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete