Friday, May 18, 2012

The Acorn Antique Show is Here Again.


So after loading the van Thursday night until midnight, then finishing up a few projects like the remade sign above, it was off to bed around one, then up again at 5:00 AM ...pardon my yawn.  This was my first time to have my own booth at an antique show.  In the past I have shared with my former partner, Bruce ... (Yes, another dealer asked us during set up today if it was just a trial separation ... LOL) 


But since I missed the last Acorn Sale, as my family was out of town, and Bruce had record sales, I guess he thought it was time to  tip the fledgling out of the nest .... ouch .... bump .....

So this is my set up for the Acorn Antique Sale in Ogden at the Weber County Fairgrounds  which is going on ... TODAY!!  To the left is my collection of white pitchers, since my family room is going a different direction.


Above is a massing of my French Signage, which I  have made over the last year.  I have a slow and steady sales flow through Treasures Antique Mall, but bringing some of them along to the Antique show should boost my sales.

To the right is the cool new wire shelf that I found at the last flea.o.logy.  Definitely my favorite of the sale.


Above is a shot of the whole booth.  It took me from 7:30 A.M. until after 4:00 P.M. for set up.  OK there was some wandering around and saying hi to old antique dealer friends mixed in.

The yoyo throw to the left is one of my favorite pieces for this show.  It is its first time 'out'...



Above are my two latest additions to my French signage group.  Of course the designs for both were found on Graphics Fairy.
 Then to the left is my one moment of inspiration during set up.  I had the fun round deco bird cage, sans a bottom and decided to use it as a cloche for the small cake with bride and groom. 
... and last of all is a teaser of my steampunk friend Marci's booth.  She was not quite done setting up when I left, but I loved these little picture holders.  I will be doing a future blog post about just her booth.  She is so amazing.  Thanks for coming along and hope to see you at the show today!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful booth my friend. Looks so very lovely and it definitely "you!" I know you will do well. . . . hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed it again! Hopefully next time I'll have a better weekend for it. Your booth is adorable. Hope you did well. Spa night looked like lots of fun. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi, it was a great show for me, in fact my best ever. -Polly

      Delete
  3. I admired your booth and all the talent. The painted striped box with the pink roses on it, so sweet. I love it. I can not decide which is my favorite piece, for sure so many great items.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek...what a wonderful set up you have here. I had the best time looking at all the amazing remakes together in one spot! Also, your friends movie reel picture holders...AMAZING!! My son would flip over those. ;)

    ReplyDelete