Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday's Favorite Reinvention of the Week: A Figural Stand!

Today I am going to share how my fermented mind works.  The pedestal to the right is actually a marriage of light fixture parts.


Above is a light fixture similar to the one I used for the top of the stand.  I bought it at the PCC fleamarket for the crystal chains it boasted.  There were not enough to repair the fixture, so I removed them and washed them and put them away for a future projects.  I almost threw away the base, but as I looked at it, hating to waste anything, I realized that by removing the 'light' parts, I would have a flat plate with a rim.  The figural base to the left, was once part of a table lamp, but its been in my basement metal heap for years.


After gluing them together with E6000 and letting it sit over night.  I spray painted it white.  I found this great graphic on Graphics Fairy, as I am sure you already knew, and decoupaged it in place.  I then added crystals around the edge.  I thought it would be great for my summer fairy party.  Then I realized it  did match with any of my regular decor, and not wanting to store it away until my event...

I texted the measurements to my glass guy Jeff, (whom I practically have on a retainer), and asked him to cut a mirror.
 He stopped by the shop, today, to drop it off, and I just set it into the top of the pedestal stand.  I love how it looks.  I will not attach it, but use the mirror in place until I need the fairy stand.

I am very happy with how my newly married stand turned out.  Thanks for coming by to see.


6 comments:

  1. Wow!! How clever you are!! It turned out great! I am your newest follower!
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Paula and I love your lady bust...wait a minute, I have the EXACT same one! (*_*) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know what they say about great minds ....

      Delete
  3. What is E6000? Is it a metal glue? Where do you get it?
    Cashel1916@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It glues about anything. It is the glue people use to glue candlesticks onto plates to make cake stands. Great stuff, but if the item gets too hot, like if its run through a dish washer, it releases. Good luck and have fun with a great product!!

      Delete