Thursday, May 24, 2012

My First Hang Tag!

Today for Thrifty Thursday I am going to share how you can increase the impact of your small, but sincere, gift.
 My friend Teri and I have birthdays within a week of each other, so we often celebrate together with our common friends, as we did today at Mimi's Cafe! The thrify part of this presentation was the recycled box and tissue paper, as well as the home made hang tag.
Selling antiques always puts you in a good spot when it comes to gifting.  I chose this pink reinvented necklace set from my store inventory.  Teri loves pink and is a huge fan of necklaces that come with matching earrings.  Voila' !  Wanting the presentation to be extra nice, I searched Graphics Fairy and printed off this sweet  little girl to serve as my jewelry card.

I put it in a nest of pink tissue paper then went in search of wrapping paper.  The box was small so I wanted a small print and came up with this sweet sprigged paper that happened to be scented!

A length of my favorite ribbon and some pink and white baker's twine and it was 'almost' ready.  I found this sweet little girl on Graphics Fairy as well and thought she would be the perfect greeter for my hang tag.  Antique lace, a lace edge punch, an old pink file label stamped with 'birthday joy' and the tag was complete.


I also wanted to share some handcrafted tags I found recently.  These great tags were made by a fellow flea.o.logy dealer, though I purchased them from her at the Beehive Bazaar.  Good Job Vicki!!

 In case you were wondering, lunch was delightful, and the food was good too.  I think we would have chatted all afternoon if not for the fact that Teri and Barb had to get back to work. 

So this is the official end of my birthday celebration.  It started on May 10th and lasted until today, May 22, so it was more of a birthday season than a birthday, and I loved it. Thanks to my dear family and friends who made it so enjoyable.

10 comments:

  1. Nice job on the tag! A pretty package is just as much fun as the gift inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I have always felt, it feels like someone really cares about you!

      Delete
  2. Lol! I thought I was the only one who had a "birthday month!" Happy belated! I am loving all the cute tags...they are almost as good as a gift. You are a sweet friend to put so much effort into your gift. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley ... wouldn't it be boring if it all happened on one day?

      Delete
  3. Continue to find you amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you deserve a celebration! thank you for the sweet comment...i will admit i had to look up alliteration.;D and it is a good one for sure!! i can't wait to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday season (That's a better idea than just a day!) I love the graphics. I'm going to have to dig through Karen's images to find that little girl on the tag. She's just gorgeous!

    Wherever did you find scented, sprigged paper?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utterly charming and beguiling. What a thrill to receive a gift in this unique and wonderful manner. Bravo. Virginia

    ReplyDelete