Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sense and Sensibili-Tea


Saturday - My Style   Last Friday, in the midst of set up for flea.o.logy, I had a date an hour away.  It was a tea hosted by my chapter of the Jane Austen Society of North America, or JASNA
 I really didn't have time to go, but I would never purposely miss a chance to visit with like minded Janeites.  Here are some of the ladies in our chapter, as you see we range in age and style, but we all have that one thing in common, a great love of the novels of Jane Austen.  Second from the left is Aspen Anderson, the 20 something president and founder of our chapter.

Here are some of the other guests who attended, including  a gentleman and his date who were on their way to another event, but managed to sandwich in a visit.  Oh and speaking of sandwiches, Aspen made the best cucumber sandwiches I have ever had, using cream cheese instead of butter in their formation.  Yummy ....  The entire event was hosted by Elizabeth, our secretary, and long time member of JASNA.  She joined after seeing the wonderful Janeite sites in England, even though we did not have a chapter in Utah at the time.  But she came on board when Aspen started one in 2010.

In the end I was grateful that I had made the tea a priority.  I love these gentle women (and gent) and its so fun to talk to knowledgeable fans of one's favorite author. 

2 comments:

  1. What fun! I'm glad you got to get away from your preparations to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like fun and yes, always make cucumber sandwiches with cream cheese! (Same goes for watercress sandwiches)

    ReplyDelete