Monday, May 14, 2012

Restyled Jewelry Cabinet

Yep its Makeover Monday again, and if you need more whimsy in your life you came to the right place.  This was just an old, nothing vintage about it, plastic nail and screw cabinet that showed up at my local thrift store for a couple of bucks.  I needed a place to stow more of the fun and unique jewelry I am making and collecting so ....

 ...with some orange spray paint, press on letters, a bit of junk jewelry, rhinestones and a great crown design from Graphics Fairy, that I applied with the reverse method ... I managed to make this 'Crown Jewels' Case.

Definitely worth a smile or two in exchange for keeping 25 items of jewelry separated and in order!  You can even keep smaller sets together, necklaces with matching earrings, or bracelets.  Its portable too!  Thanks for coming by to check out another funky reinvention idea!

9 comments:

  1. You inspire me everyday. I don't know how you get so many things done...but you're my hero! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its simply because I neglect so many other thing .... :-)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! Now when I look at those containers I will remember your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea and what a great place to store your jewels!! Don't you just love spray paint?

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's super cute! I love the idea! I have a link party going on and I'd love if you linked this up. http://www.thelittlegiggler.com/2012/05/love-it-and-link-it-up-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that Queen Elizabeth II keeps her jewelry in something very like this. :-) Cute idea!! I'm your newest follower. hope you'll follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a creative idea! Thanks for the inspiration! I would love to have you link it up at our party.

    http://www.ourdiydiaries.com/2012/05/fab-not-drab-friday_10.html

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! sparkle & funk - awesome combo! Love this!

    ReplyDelete