Monday, May 28, 2012

Antique Sun and Moon Stools.

Yep, its makeover Monday once more.  I'm still on a quest to up cycle old goodies, and today I wanted to share this pair of somewhat boring old stools.  Both with their original old hard white paint and just a little chippy, all they wanted was a little personality.


I loved the antique astrological look of this pair of antique drawings of the moon and sun.  I thought the resulting stools would look great in a teenager's room.  One with astrological and solar system charts on the walls, don't you think?  The nice thing about doing art on top of stools, is that we don't place things on stools, other than when we sit on them, so they are fun and decorative most of the time.

Of course I found these two at Graphics Fairy, and they just made me smile.  After one attempt at my favorite reverse modpodge method where you rub away the excess paper that went badly, I gave up, reprinted them and just applied them in the traditional modpodge or decoupage manner.  They are charming, and the detail is much better this way anyway.  Hope you like them and thanks for checking our my makeover Monday selection this week.

7 comments:

  1. Love how your stools turned out. Made me smile when I saw them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a brilliant observation, that the image on a stool is uncovered most of the time, making it a decorative piece! I may be on the look-out for some old stools now. These are really lovely; a nice marriage between the circular image and the round top of the stool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stools are just great. I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat! Love that moon face. Not sure how I'd feel sitting on it, but I do think it looks awesome. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize this week~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant work, Sis! Truly. Sure wish I wasn't running out of space, lol! Too late to go into bidness again. But I love reading/seeing the results of your brain's right side!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stools caught up my attention inmediately after I saw them, they are beautiful, I like the contrast between the white and the black, and they just look awesome, very different graphics used on a very good concept. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great idea!!
    love them

    ReplyDelete