Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Antique Diamond Pane Window Finds New Purpose!


Today for our trash to treasure Tuesday, I would like to share this great old window. I found the diamond paned leaded glass window at an antique store, and it wasn't actually cheap. I loved it and hung it, as is, in several different rooms.


Eventually, I found this nice antique header, also at the antique mall where I work, and added it to give it more architectural interest. When I decided to use the window on the top of this dresser, it was to cover the odd arrangement of corner behind it. I considered adding a mirror, but the room already had two large mirrors, so I opted for the vintage curtain fabric.


I was very pleased with how it hides the corner, while adding interest to the room, and how it spotlights the great old floral fabric. Thanks for coming along for my 'not so' trash to treasure Tuesday.

1 comment: