Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Trash to Treasure Tray

For Trash to Treasure Tuesday I would like to share a tray that was literally saved from the trash by a bit of refurbishing.


When I found it, it was a gold tone, and was scratched and some of the trim was bent.  The old 40's design was nearly worn off, and had not been that pretty to begin with.  A fresh coat of green paint with some distressing did a lot to bring out the lovely lines of the reticulated border and leaves.  I then added a favorite piece of 12 by 12 scrapbook paper.

I decoupaged it in place, then sealed it with a coat of clear varnish.  I thought it was a fun way to spotlight the  sweet cottage floral I love.
Oh, and did I mention that the original grease encrusted, and faded tray came out of a garbage can?     Yep, another case of the ultimate recycling!

Thanks for dropping by!

4 comments:

  1. Good Job! :) I can't picture what it looked like before but it sure is cute now! :)

    Have a wonderful week!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it! Excellent color choice. Sorry to say I won't be able to make it to Fleaology this weekend. My turn to work at Just A Bed of Roses :( Happy to do it but sad not to make it to Fleaology again! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, we will miss you. Be sure to save September 1st for our last one of the year!! Have fun a JABOR! (I know I always do!!)

      Delete
  3. You are so clever and talented, love how you saved that tray. The metal work on side is awesome. The paper you used is perfect.Why can't I eever find things like that?

    ReplyDelete