Saturday, July 7, 2012

French Take on Magazine Stand!

Its My Style Saturday time, and though I considered showing you pictures of the outdoor play we attended in a down pour ... I thought that another project might be more interesting.

 I am madly creating and recreating projects for our fleaology sale which is just a week from today ...
I had redone this magazine stand before, but it was in the days when I didn't know about modpodge decoupaging or the cool reverse method I used this time.  In those days  one was sort of held hostage by available decals.  The one I found for it, I did not love, but it was, at the time, the best I could do.

Now with a few fresh coats of white paint and a cool bit of ephemera from the Parisian Exposition of 1889, it has a sophisticated look.  I am indebted to Karen at Graphics Fairy for the great art work.   Thanks all!

11 comments:

  1. Very beautiful redo, the graphic looks wonderful, thank you for sharing, it's very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Can't wait to see some of your projects in person next Sat. What time does it start? Should we get there early? I'm bringing down a carload from Davis County! Mimi PS Your garden house is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi, I just wish it could be done by Saturday so I could share ... alas ... The sale starts at 8:00 with no early birds, so no need to come much earlier than that, unless you want to be first in line, but with 30 plus dealers everyone can hit one booth or another first. Can't wait to see you!! Be sure to remind me to show you my house while you are here.

      Delete
  3. That is fantastic! I still have yet to try the Mod Podge method but I'm dying to!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT LOVE IT !! a beautiful Job . I am you newest follower . Kelley @ Upholsters Wife

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love the graphic you used. Great magazine rack ~ I love the handle. I found one not long ago and redid it, too, but I like the shape of yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely--I am always on the lookout for pretty and inexpensive magazine storage, so I will definitely be tucking this idea away. Thank you for sharing it with us, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just used my first graphic from them! still have to finish my project! looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I can't wait to try Graphics Fairy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ♥ it! So, so cute! Hopped over from Show & Tell Friday and I'm your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit! Blessings ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how it turned out. What a great color. I am inspired to be bolder. I paint everything white or gray! The French Hens are following you. Please visit us and consider following us. Now I'm going to read your other blogs. You are a very busy girl!

    Linda and Jeannie

    ReplyDelete