Monday, July 16, 2012

Something Old .... Something Blue!

Today I thought I would share a sweet way to display antique hankies that I am going to use at the antique mall that I have been percolating for a while .  I checked out Graphics Fairy looking for the bride, and found this old photo.  She is perfect because both of her hands are raised above her waist line.


After printing out the brides and trimming them, I cut a slit the length of each brides waist, and then folded the antique hanky to fit through the slit.  I held it in place with double sided tape on the back of the bride's bodice.


Next a bow made from antique seam binding, added the blue touch that goes with the classic poem so well.  I made up the header cards, using a frame I also found on Graphics Fairy. 
I slipped them into a cellophane bag and stapled the header on top.  Wouldn't one of these make a charming gift for a bridal shower?  The bride could tuck it the hankiy inside her wedding dress during the wedding as 'something old' and then cherish it as a memento of the wedding as well as of the giver.
Thanks for stopping by!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh my! These are so very cute! Yes, having the figure's hands included does make a difference. Now it's more like a little doll, than just a hanky holder. What a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very clever...and beautiful! I missed seeing you on Saturday...I was one of those unfortunate souls who did not get the Fleaology rescheduling memo. One the plus side...the Scottish Festival was fun and there were tons of people at Treasures. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dear, so many people we could not contact. Three car loads of women from Draper, who had never been. A lady from Tooele and another group from Helper. Can't tell you how sad that makes me, but so happy you could look at the bright side. ie glad you enjoyed the men in kilts ... :-)

      Delete
  3. Yes, I'm echoing Shirley, but those are SO CLEVER!! what a great idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea. I passed up a bunch of these hankies yesterday at the flea market. Next time I'll have to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea.. I love old hankies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't these be adorable at a bridal shower? Love your "new" cubbies too. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great packaging idea! Love it! So glad you linked up at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute idea..how did you find this image?What did you in-put to find?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look at the top bar on Graphics Fairy there is the word search. Click on that and it takes you to a page that you can put in a word search or pictures with catagories under them. Weddings is one of the catagories. Click on the word, not the photo. Then scan through the posts until you see it. I will tell you that it is quite a faded old photo, so I had to photoshop it to sharpen it up. Have fun!!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever way to market your hankies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very sweet and creative... thanks for sharing it:)
    New follower, Francine

    ReplyDelete